How to Start an Affiliate
Oregon Checklist for Starting or Reactivating a Local Alumni Affiliate
- Has your FFA Chapter Advisor identified a need for an Alumni Affiliate?
Host organizational meeting:
- Keep minutes
- Elect officers
- Review and approve a written Constitution and Bylaws. It is recommended you use the template provided by National FFA Alumni.
- Gather contact information for all supporters and input on the Membership Roster. Minimum of 10 names AND mailing addresses required on roster.
- Immediately following the organizational meeting, Complete the Alumni Affiliate Chartering/Reactivating form – COMPLETE DIGITALLY, no handwritten forms are accepted.
- Optional, establish local dues into Constitution and Bylaws.
Email all required documents and send affiliation fees: Email to Oregon FFA Alumni Council Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application materials will be forwarded to the National FFA Alumni Association which will officially charter you and mail your affiliate official documents.
Required documents to include to email to email@example.com.:
- Alumni Affiliate Chartering/Reactivating Form
- Constitution and Bylaws
- Membership Roster with 10+ names and mailing addresses (roster template available from Council secretary or Regional VP)
- MAIL $200 affiliation fee, Payable to Oregon FFA Alumni Association ($100 for Nationals and $100 State). Mail check to:
Oregon FFA Alumni Association
PO Box 13938
Salem, Oregon 97309
- After receiving the charter documents from Nationals, Treasurer to complete the following.
- Apply for or Locate Employee Identification Number (EIN).
- New affiliates go online and search “Apply for an EIN” or click this link.
- Re-activating affiliate, to locate EIN call IRS at 1-800-829-4933.
- If you need your affiliate number, contact the Council Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org or a regional VP.
- Open Checking Account
- Bring officers who will be signers
- Documents to bring: EIN, money to open account, bylaws, and organizational meeting minutes.